With the emergence of the COVID-19 virus and our responsibility towards Africa and its people, Jumbari Family Safaris is following the guidelines of the World Health Organization and the South African government to restrict the spread of Coronavirus to the best of our ability. While we have taken the initiative to postpone all trips due for travel in the upcoming months we would like to encourage clients to continue planning their trips to Africa for travel towards the end of 2020 or in 2021. This will play a major role in the survival of the global travel industry, our local suppliers and the people who depend on tourism for their livelihood. We would also like to take this opportunity to spare a thought for the doctors, nurses, medical workers, police and armed forces who will be going above and beyond for us over the coming weeks to keep us safe. We believe that travel will stand the test of time, so for now, we urge you to keep on dreaming.
The past few weeks has presented all of us in the travel industry with many unforeseen challenges yet we remain positive that we will be able to show Africa to the world in the near future. This being said, we cannot guarantee when travel restrictions will be lifted and therefore we are encouraging all of our clients to continue planning their African safari with us, for travel in the later part of 2020 and in 2021.
We have always put the health and safety of our clients, our staff members and our suppliers as our top priority. We will be keeping you up to date with the latest developments from our side for peace of mind. For the time being, we will continue to share our beautiful continent with you via Instagram, Facebook and email! Join us on a visual journey of Africa by following us on Instagram (@jumbari), Facebook (@jumbariofficial) or sign up for our newsletter by completing the form in our footer.
In terms of the health and safety of our employees, we are encouraging our staff to practice social distancing through working remotely in order to reduce the spread of the virus within Cape Town and South Africa. For now, we are doing what is right for our global community by acting responsibly.
Our team has ensured that all of our clients who are currently in Africa are following the necessary safety precautions to avoid infection. In addition to this, we have contacted all the necessary suppliers that they will be in contact with (safari lodges, hotels, guides, drivers) to ensure similar safety precautions during their time with them.
As it stands, we are in the process of postponing all scheduled trips with Jumbari Family Safaris for the upcoming months. This is as a result of the uncertainty regarding travel restrictions and border closures. As your travel expert, we are encouraging clients to consider traveling later in 2020 or should they feel more comfortable, traveling in 2021.
We are encouraging all clients currently in consultation with our travel experts to consider traveling towards the end of 2020 or in 2021. This will ensure complete peace of mind regarding your travel dates, availability and accessibility.
If you are due to travel to Africa in the next few weeks, your travel expert will have been in touch to postpone your trip to an alternative travel date.
If you choose to postpone your dates to a season when rates are higher you will be required to pay the difference unless we are able to negotiate an alternative agreement with our suppliers. If you choose to postpone your dates to a season when rates are lower you will be reimbursed the difference or the amount will be deducted from your final payment. Some regional and domestic airlines are also allowing one free date change for travelers who have postponed their travels.
The world is holding its breath as we wait and see how the rest of 2020 plays out, and for this reason, we are encouraging our new clients to start planning their trips to Africa today, for travel towards the end of 2020 and in 2021.